Monterrey international airport
Last boarding calls
Answers to passengers frequently asked questions
- How many terminals does the Monterrey airport have?
- How to get from the airport to downtown Monterrey?
- Where is the Uber pickup location?
- Is there free access to WiFi Internet?
- What to do in case of a long layover for a connecting flight?
- What to do in case of loss of luggage or belongings?
- Is there a luggage storage service?
- Do you have currency exchange and banking services?
- Are there pharmacies?
- What facilities and services does the airport offer for special and disabled passengers?
Monterrey International Airport (IATA: MTY), locally also known as Apodaca airport, is the fourth airport in Mexico in terms of number of passengers (11.2 million passengers in 2019), only behind the Mexico City, Cancun and Guadalajara airports. It operates with international flights mainly to the United States.
The airport is located in the municipality of Apodaca, about 30 km from downtown Monterrey. (See Map)
Hotels inside the airport or nearby
The Hilton Garden Inn is located inside the airport. In turn, both in the vicinity and in the central area there are several accommodation options. Through the following map you can locate, compare prices and make a reservation.
Monterrey airport has three terminals:
– Terminal A: It is the main terminal at the MTY Airport. It operates with international flights and some domestic ones.
– Terminal B: Processes all flights of Skyteam members.
– Terminal C: This terminal operates exclusively with low-cost flights from the VivaAerobús airlines. Monterrey airport offers a free transfer service between the terminals from 5am to midnight.
The airport has restaurants, fast food and cafeterias (normally open from 06:00 to 22:30). In addition, you can find shops and duty free with the same hours. In turn, there are currency exchange counters, banking services, convenience stores (Hudson News remains available 24 hours), VIP lounges, travel agency, information desk and pharmacy.
Public and Private transportation
Transfers to hotels and homes
Private transfer services to hotels or homes for individuals, families or groups. LEARN MORE
Taxis and ride-sharing apps like Uber and others. The rate to downtown Monterrey is around MXN $ 300 pesos. Taxi ranks are next to the arrivals and departures of the terminals. In case of using Uber, you must coordinate with the driver the meeting point. LEARN MORE
Share vans service:
There are several van services, called “colectivos”, that transfer passengers between the airport and the center in 40 minutes, such as: TOTSA, TPA, SUBURBAN, EXECUTIVO, GOLDEN. LEARN MORE
Car Rental services:
The airport has short and long-term parking in all terminals, in addition to a Premium Parking service in Terminal B. Rates from MXN $ 40.00 pesos the first hour. See more
There are several airlines that serve and operate from the Monterrey airport.